First steps with Mendeley
- open the url : https://www.mendeley.com
- create an account on mendeley.com ("Sign up")
- download and install Mendeley ("Download") on your computer using the same login (for help, see this article on the support hub)
- start your Mendeley Desktop and import a pdf document (an article of your choice) ("File" > "Add Files...")
- check the metadata of this article (select the line, check all the details on the right, confirm "details are Correct")
- synchronize Mendeley Desktop with your "Mendeley.com" ("Sync" button) and see the synchronization by going to the site ( Mendeley.com) with your login ("Library" tab) ... you display your first reference in mendeley.com
- then go back to your Mendeley Desktop and choose the Havard Reference Format 1 (Author-Date) style ("view" > "citation style" >)
- select your reference and with the right click, select "Copy As" > "Formated Citation". Then open your favorite word processor and paste the contents of the clipboard.
You have just created your first bibliographic reference with Mendeley!.
Test also the functions for :
- annotating pdf files
- full-text search
- ... (and many others)
For more help : Mendeley presentation and Mendeley Support Center
(cc 2018 - B. Pochet)